2019 - 2020 competition & performance TEAM A, B, and C Evaluations!
Jump Rope clinics are available to help prepare the jumper for the evaluations that will take place during tryouts. We evaluate their skills to place the jumpers at the appropriate team level based on skill and interest. The season starts in October 2019. Open Jump sessions will be held in September 2019.
Sept 14 at NMS 9am – 12pm
Sept 9 & 12 at WMS 5:30 – 7:30pm
Sept 10 at NMS 5:30 – 7:30pm
A parent informational meeting will be on Thursday, September 5 at 7:00 PM in the cafetorium at Wadsworth Middle School (Tentatively).
Team Evaluations consist of three areas:
1. Speed Testing - The jumpers will be timed in speed step for 30 seconds and 1 minute.
2. Team Routines - The jumpers will demonstrate their level routine and be evaluated on presentations and individual skills. Team Routine will be released in September.
3. Double Dutch Skills - The jumper will be evaluated on entering, jumping, and exiting double dutch ropes.
Jumpers can get involved in two ways.
1. Enrichment Sessions
* Youth Jump Rope
* Workshops or private lessons
2. Competition/Performance Team
* Team A, B, or C
* Leadership Team
Registration Fee: $40 per session
Youth Jump Rope sessions are open to all jumpers 6+ years old. A session is comprised of five classes. Jumpers will learn single, pairs, and double dutch skills at the basic - intermediate levels. Fun interactive jump rope games are used to increase coordination, balance, hand eye coordination, and team building skills. Click here for Youth Jump Rope Session information!
Workshops or Private lessons
Registration Fee: $20 - $100
Jumpers can attend local workshops or private lessons to build on their skill level and increase their ability to advance in the sport. Workshops and camps vary based on location and dates. Private lessons are available upon request. View the team calendar for information.
Workshop & Camp Opportunities: