The Jammin' Jumpers Jump Rope Team was established in 1998. The team started as an after school club and evolved into a competition, performance, and community team. Members of the team participate in activities while building on leadership skills through character building. The jumpers have traveled all over the United States and internationally to broaden their cultural awareness as they grow into community leaders.
We are proud supporters of the World Jump Rope Federation, American Jump Rope Federation, Pan American Jump Rope Federation, and One World One Rope. Our team is comprised of WJRF, AMJRF, and PAJRF Administrators and WJRF Ambassadors.
We have volunteered for many community events that include:
ACME Family Fun Days, Akron Heart Walk, American Cancer Society's Relay for Life, Wadsworth Walk -A-Thon, Lakeside Summer Fest, Norton Green Up, Wadsworth Fit & Fun, and NMS Beautification.
We offer performances that promote "Heart Healthy Awareness", "Anti-Drug Awareness", and "Anti-Bullying Awareness" . We offer youth enrichment programs and team competition and workshop opportunities.
For information on our team opportunities click here.
For performance requests click here.
- Devote the time and energy necessary to master new skills and routines.
- Increase our abilities in speed events through conditioning exercises and consistent practice.
- Improve by working with all team members encouraging practicing outside of scheduled practice time.
- Promote harmony within the team and resolve conflicts in fair and peaceful ways.
- Support each other and strive to improve our self at every opportunity.
- Help each jumper obtain Level 1 of the minimum performance requirements or their level appropriate to their ability.
- Compete in two regional tournaments
- Reach our highest potential as individuals and as a team through hard work, consistent practice and positive attitude.
- Increase the visibility of our team by seeking out opportunities to perform, compete and participate in workshops locally, nationally and internationally.
- Increase our community involvement to promote health and well being of community members by encouraging their participation in rope jumping.
- Improve our team level of excellence, sportsmanship and professionalism.
- Appreciate and enjoy each other, as well as the fun and educational opportunities that the sport of jump rope has to offer!
The Jammin’ Jumpers mission is to jump rope for fun while engaging in performances, competitions, camps, and workshops. We want to jump rope as a team to enhance the athlete’s ability to use teamwork, cooperation, and dedication. We want to present rope jumping to the community to enhance their knowledge and support of the sport of jump rope. We want to excel as jump rope athletes, while taking an active role in World Jump Rope competitions, camps, and workshops.
The Jammin’ Jumpers philosophy is that any person can become an active member of a team. This active member will enhance their ability to use teamwork and cooperation with dedication and determination. This active member will create an environment of positive reinforcement and enthusiasm for themselves and others. This will result in the athlete’s ability to reach their goals and go past their expectations with determination for success.